The SMCMA's Community Program facilitates a range of activities and helps give members of the community an opportunity to get involved in projects that can help improve their local environment.
Here are some ways that you can participate in to improve your local environment:
- Join a Bushcare group or other volunteer program. To find out what's happening in your area, search our map.
- Join a community network and
- Sydney Nature Carer's email list. This network has been formed to encourage on-ground environmental groups and interested community members to share ideas and knowledge, and discuss their experiences with others who are similarly involved. Visit the SNaC group website.
- Visit your local community nursery.
- Find out about annual funding opportunities.
- Join the Sydney Community Bushcare Program.